Client Management Solutions - HP Image Assistant (HPIA)
HP Image Assistant (HPIA)
The HP Image Assistant is a free tool that provides assistance to IT System Administrators to improve the quality and security of their Microsoft Windows image by analyzing the image, identifying problems, and recommending solutions.
|Version||SoftPaq #||Date||OS||SoftPaq Exe|
- Adds support for Windows 10 v2004 (20H1).
- Fixes installation issues for SoftPaqs that have white spaces in the title.
- Adds support for Offline Mode repositories created using Client Management Script Library version 1.4
- Adds support for a non-interactive mode which displays HPIA actions in a progress bar when run from the command line on a client.
- Fixes issue where proxy settings were not working in some environments
- Currently HPIA does not support creating a driver pack in the *.wim file on a network share.
- When HP Sure Admin (Enhanced BIOS Authentication Mode) is enabled, users will not be able to update the BIOS through HP Image Assistant (Download Only)
- Adds HP Sure Admin support to the security settings and status in the Analyze Image summary.
- Adds support for Windows 10 v1909.
- Fixes an issue where a Conexant Audio driver for a supported system is not recommended by HP Image Assistant.
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant does not run properly over a network connection.
- Fixes an issue that occurs when a system is analyzed more than once where the text box to provide a BIOS setup password is not displayed.
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant does not recommend a BIOS update for a Z8 G4 Workstation.
- Fixes an issue where the system cannot load configuration files that contain a blank space in the file name.
- Fixes an issue where links do not function properly in the report that is created when a separate unpack folder is used.
- Fixes an issue where an error occurs when analyzing HP EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 Bang & Olufsen Limited Edition.
- Fixes issue loading previously saved configuration file.
- Provides a new and revamped user interface to improve user experience.
- Adds support for DCHU- and UWP-based updates.
- Provides support for HP USB-C Dock G5, HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2, HP E274d, and HP E244d Dock Firmware.
- Provides support for Windows 10 v1903.
- Provides new command line switches for automation.
- Improves the Readme.html report created after updates are implemented.
- Includes the Advisories data in the recommendation report created after updates are implemented.
- Aligns the format of the Readme.html report and the recommendation report to new user interface.
- Provides support for Windows 10 1903 64-bit.
- Support for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) application.
- Provides support for the command line which enables HPIA to list recommended UWP applications and updates.
- Adds support for new dock firmware and driver category.
- Updated the Report for all features.
- Fixes an issue which causes a null download folder location on a local system running Windows 10 v1809
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant stops functioning after the Create/Edit My Products List dialog windows are closed.
- Adds support for Windows 10 1809 64-bit.
- Adds support for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC 64-bit.
- Updates the message that is displayed when HPIA does not recognize the Windows version on the system.
- Adds a message to indicate that a new version of Windows 10 is expected to be released but is not available yet.
- Adds a method to confirm that a Windows 10 version required by a reference file is found, and displays a message when the correct Windows 10 version is not found.
Note: Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC (RS5) will first be shipped and supported in January Refresh for RPOS platforms.
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant stops functioning when an attempt is made to download a SoftPaq without designating the proper system and the system is not connected to the internet.
- Fixes an issue where the system displays Root Element is missing message when seven or more systems are selected for Download SoftPaq.
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant stop functioning on Migrate OS when New BIOS password and Prepare TPM are selected.
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant does not generate zip file when Separate folder by SoftPaq names is selected in the download options.
- Fixes an issue where unintended characters are displayed in HTML reports.
- Fixes an issue where HP ProDesk 600 G4 Desktop Mini is shown as Retail Solutions.
- Enables the option Export to CSV on the File menu item for Download SoftPaqs and Get Drivers features.
- Improves memory performance of the Download SoftPaqs feature to reduce the amount of RAM used during analyze.
- Provides redesigned download and analyze logic on multi-ref files case to reduce memory.
- Provides the following revisions to the My Product List window:
+ Fixes an issue where the window is closed without applying changes.
+ Improves performance when selecting and deselecting products.
+ Changes the initial window width size from 768 to 1024.
- Integrated and improved SoftPaq Download Manager feature
+ Provides the ability to download updates for multiple PCs.
+ Provides the ability to create custom driver packs.
+ Provides command switches for automation and scripting.
- Modifies internet connection check to use ftp.hp.com instead of www.hp.com.
- Improves the initial security digital signature check flow to better handle the case of no internet connection.
- Improves the HTML report.
- Adds user-agent string to http request.
- HPIA may stop functioning if you attempt to download a SoftPaq with if you have not selected a platform and do not have an internet connection.
ex: Download SoftPaqs > Create Product list > Click Apply without selecting any devices or OS
- Fixes incorrect BIOS Family recommendation.
- Fixes HDD firmware recommendation with two or more HDDs in targert.
- Provides support for Windows 10 version 1803.
- Provides support for Elite Docks firmware.
- Provides the updated software.
- Adds a foward-compatibility with HPIA v3.5 reference files.
- Supports new format of BIOS (Feature.Major.Minor).
- Added commandline prameters:
- Fixes an issue where the incorrect current and new password file location were provided in OS Migration BIOS update.
- Fixes empty driver version in capture reference image file.
- Improvement to release infrastructure
- Provides notification for available Customer Advisory (CA), Bulletins, and Product Change Notification (PCN) to support the system
- Provides support for silent execution commands.
- Provides firmware recommendation for additional devices.
- Provides support for Windows 10 version 1709.
- Provides refined options to upgrade the Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
- Adds support for individual versions of Windows 10.
- Updates the report format.
- Improves the user interface.
- Provides feature to assist with Windows OS migration.
- Provides limited firmware update support.
- Improves recommendations for all platforms.
- Provides dependency information for the SoftPaq.
- Provides the ability to download all the out-of-date drivers and applications with single button click.
- Supports 11 language localization.
- Improves recommendations for all platforms.
- Provides proxy server configuration.
- Provides the ability to export data in .csv format.
- Supports Windows Operating System for which HP provides support for drivers only (OS not pre-installed from factory).
- Added tooltip to the recommended SoftPaq
- Improved recommendation for off-line devices
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Fixed bug related with apostrophe "'" in software name.
- Download the file by clicking Download or Obtain Software button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to extract the contents of the SoftPaq.