Client Management Solutions - HP Image Assistant (HPIA)
HP Image Assistant (HPIA)
The HP Image Assistant is a free tool that provides assistance to IT System Administrators to improve the quality and security of their Microsoft Windows image by analyzing the image, identifying problems, recommending solutions, and checking your PC's readiness for migration to and from Windows 7 or Windows 10.
|Version||Softpaq #||Date||OS||Softpaq Exe|
|HP Image Assistant||18.104.22.168||11/8/2019||SP99899|
|HP Image Assistant||22.214.171.124||8/30/2019||SP98994|
|HP Image Assistant||126.96.36.199||7/10/2019||SP98238|
|HP Image Assistant||188.8.131.52||6/27/2019||SP97054|
|HP Image Assistant||184.108.40.206||5/22/2019||SP96412|
|HP Image Assistant||220.127.116.11||2/13/2019||SP94976|
|HP Image Assistant||18.104.22.168||11/16/2018||SP92634|
|HP Image Assistant||22.214.171.124||9/14/2018||SP91856|
|HP Image Assistant||126.96.36.199||8/2/2018||SP90199|
|HP Image Assistant||188.8.131.52||6/18/2018||SP88406|
|HP Image Assistant||184.108.40.206||5/18/2018||SP87685|
|HP Image Assistant||220.127.116.11||2/27/2018||SP85530|
- Adds HP Sure Admin support to the security settings and status in the Analyze Image summary.
- Adds support for Windows 10 v1909.
- Fixes an issue where a Conexant Audio driver for a supported system is not recommended by HP Image Assistant.
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant does not run properly over a network connection.
- Fixes an issue that occurs when a system is analyzed more than once where the text box to provide a BIOS setup password is not displayed.
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant does not recommend a BIOS update for a Z8 G4 Workstation.
- Currently HPIA does not support creating a driver pack in the *.wim file on a network share.
- When HP Sure Admin (Enhanced BIOS Authentication Mode) is enabled, users will not be able to update the BIOS through HP Image Assistant (Download Only)
- Fixes an issue where the system cannot load configuration files that contain a blank space in the file name.
- Fixes an issue where links do not function properly in the report that is created when a separate unpack folder is used.
- Fixes an issue where an error occurs when analyzing HP EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 Bang & Olufsen Limited Edition.
- Fixes issue loading previously saved configuration file.
- Provides a new and revamped user interface to improve user experience.
- Adds support for DCHU- and UWP-based updates.
- Provides support for HP USB-C Dock G5, HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2, HP E274d, and HP E244d Dock Firmware.
- Provides support for Windows 10 v1903.
- Provides new command line switches for automation.
- Improves the Readme.html report created after updates are implemented.
- Includes the Advisories data in the recommendation report created after updates are implemented.
- Aligns the format of the Readme.html report and the recommendation report to new user interface.
- Provides support for Windows 10 1903 64-bit.
- Support for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) application.
- Provides support for the command line which enables HPIA to list recommended UWP applications and updates.
- Adds support for new dock firmware and driver category.
- Updated the Report for all features.
- Fixes an issue which causes a null download folder location on a local system running Windows 10 v1809
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant stops functioning after the Create/Edit My Products List dialog windows are closed.
- Adds support for Windows 10 1809 64-bit.
- Adds support for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC 64-bit.
- Updates the message that is displayed when HPIA does not recognize the Windows version on the system.
- Adds a message to indicate that a new version of Windows 10 is expected to be released but is not available yet.
- Adds a method to confirm that a Windows 10 version required by a reference file is found, and displays a message when the correct Windows 10 version is not found.
Note: Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC (RS5) will first be shipped and supported in January Refresh for RPOS platforms.
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant stops functioning when an attempt is made to download a SoftPaq without designating the proper system and the system is not connected to the internet.
- Fixes an issue where the system displays Root Element is missing message when seven or more systems are selected for Download SoftPaq.
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant stop functioning on Migrate OS when New BIOS password and Prepare TPM are selected.
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant does not generate zip file when Separate folder by SoftPaq names is selected in the download options.
- Fixes an issue where unintended characters are displayed in HTML reports.
- Fixes an issue where HP ProDesk 600 G4 Desktop Mini is shown as Retail Solutions.
- Enables the option Export to CSV on the File menu item for Download SoftPaqs and Get Drivers features.
- Improves memory performance of the Download SoftPaqs feature to reduce the amount of RAM used during analyze.
- Provides redesigned download and analyze logic on multi-ref files case to reduce memory.
- Provides the following revisions to the My Product List window:
+ Fixes an issue where the window is closed without applying changes.
+ Improves performance when selecting and deselecting products.
+ Changes the initial window width size from 768 to 1024.
- Integrated and improved SoftPaq Download Manager feature
- Modifies internet connection check to use ftp.hp.com instead of www.hp.com.
- Improves the initial security digital signature check flow to better handle the case of no internet connection.
- Improves the HTML report.
- Adds user-agent string to http request.
+ Provides the ability to download updates for multiple PCs.
+ Provides the ability to create custom driver packs.
+ Provides command switches for automation and scripting.
- HPIA may stop functioning if you attempt to download a SoftPaq with if you have not selected a platform and do not have an internet connection.
ex: Download SoftPaqs > Create Product list > Click Apply without selecting any devices or OS
- Fixes incorrect BIOS Family recommendation.
- Fixes HDD firmware recommendation with two or more HDDs in targert.
- Provides support for Windows 10 version 1803.
- Provides support for Elite Docks firmware.
- Provides the updated software.
- Adds a foward-compatibility with HPIA v3.5 reference files.
- Supports new format of BIOS (Feature.Major.Minor).
- Added commandline prameters:
- Fixes an issue where the incorrect current and new password file location were provided in OS Migration BIOS update.
- Fixes empty driver version in capture reference image file.
- Improvement to release infrastructure
- Provides notification for available Customer Advisory (CA), Bulletins, and Product Change Notification (PCN) to support the system
- Provides support for silent execution commands.
- Provides firmware recommendation for additional devices.
- Provides support for Windows 10 version 1709.
- Provides refined options to upgrade the Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
- Adds support for individual versions of Windows 10.
- Updates the report format.
- Improves the user interface.
- Provides feature to assist with Windows OS migration.
- Provides limited firmware update support.
- Improves recommendations for all platforms.
- Provides dependency information for the softpaq.
- Provides the ability to download all the out-of-date drivers and applications with single button click.
- Supports 11 language localization.
- Improves recommendations for all platforms.
- Provides proxy server configuration.
- Provides the ability to export data in .csv format.
- Supports Windows Operating System for which HP provides support for drivers only (OS not pre-installed from factory).
- Added tooltip to the recommended SoftPaq
- Improved recommendation for off-line devices
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Fixed bug related with apostrophe "'" in software name.
- Download the file by clicking Download or Obtain Software button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to extract the contents of the SoftPaq.