Client Management Solutions - HP Image Assistant (HPIA)
HP Image Assistant (HPIA)
|Version||Softpaq #||Date||OS||Softpaq Exe|
|18.104.22.168||sp91856||09/14/2018||Windows (7, 8.1, 10)||sp91856.exe|
This package provides the HP Image Assistant (HPIA) for supported notebook, desktop, and workstation models that are running a supported operating system.
The HP Image Assistant is a free tool that provides assistance to IT System Administrators to improve the quality and security of their PC Windows image by diagnosing the image, identifying problems, recommending solutions, and analyzing your PC's readiness for migration to and from Windows 7 or Windows 10.
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant stops functioning when an attempt is made to download a SoftPaq without designating the proper system and the system is not connected to the internet.
- Fixes an issue where the system displays Root Element is missing message when seven or more systems are selected for Download SoftPaq.
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant stop functioning on Migrate OS when New BIOS password and Prepare TPM are selected.
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant does not generate zip file when Separate folder by SoftPaq names is selected in the download options.
- Fixes an issue where unintended characters are displayed in HTML reports.
- Fixes an issue where HP ProDesk 600 G4 Desktop Mini is shown as Retail Solutions.
- Enables the option Export to CSV on the File menu item for Download SoftPaqs and Get Drivers features.
- Improves memory performance of the Download SoftPaqs feature to reduce the amount of RAM used during analyze.
- Provides redesigned download and analyze logic on multi-ref files case to reduce memory.
- Provides the following revisions to the My Product List window:
+ Fixes an issue where the window is closed without applying changes.
+ Improves performance when selecting and deselecting products.
+ Changes the initial window width size from 768 to 1024.
- Integrated and improved SoftPaq Download Manager feature
- Modifies internet connection check to use ftp.hp.com instead of www.hp.com.
- Improves the initial security digital signature check flow to better handle the case of no internet connection.
- Improves the HTML report.
- Adds user-agent string to http request.
+ Provides the ability to download updates for multiple PCs.
+ Provides the ability to create custom driver packs.
+ Provides command switches for automation and scripting.
- HPIA may stop functioning if you attempt to download a SoftPaq with if you have not selected a platform and do not have an internet connection.
ex: Download SoftPaqs > Create Product list > Click Apply without selecting any devices or OS
- Fixes incorrect BIOS Family recommendation.
- Fixes HDD firmware recommendation with two or more HDDs in targert.
- Provides support for Windows 10 version 1803.
- Provides support for Elite Docks firmware.
- Provides the updated software.
- Adds a foward-compatibility with HPIA v3.5 reference files.
- Supports new format of BIOS (Feature.Major.Minor).
- Added commandline prameters:
- Fixes an issue where the incorrect current and new password file location were provided in OS Migration BIOS update.
- Fixes empty driver version in capture reference image file.
- Improvement to release infrastructure
- Provides notification for available Customer Advisory (CA), Bulletins, and Product Change Notification (PCN) to support the system
- Provides support for silent execution commands.
- Provides firmware recommendation for additional devices.
- Provides support for Windows 10 version 1709.
- Provides refined options to upgrade the Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
- Adds support for individual versions of Windows 10.
- Updates the report format.
- Improves the user interface.
- Provides feature to assist with Windows OS migration.
- Provides limited firmware update support.
- Improves recommendations for all platforms.
- Provides dependency information for the softpaq.
- Provides the ability to download all the out-of-date drivers and applications with single button click.
- Supports 11 language localization.
- Improves recommendations for all platforms.
- Provides proxy server configuration.
- Provides the ability to export data in .csv format.
- Supports Windows Operating System for which HP provides support for drivers only (OS not pre-installed from factory).
- Added tooltip to the recommended SoftPaq
- Improved recommendation for off-line devices
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Fixed bug related with apostrophe "'" in software name.
- Download the file by clicking Download or Obtain Software button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to extract the contents of the SoftPaq.