TITLE: HP Firmware Pack (Q78)
VERSION: 01.08.01 REV: A PASS: 1
This package creates files that contain an image of the System BIOS (ROM) for
the supported notebook models with a Q78 family ROM. This package is used to
flash the System ROM on a supported notebook.
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: sp98706.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: c6eb414a141421a985eeec478942aede
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 14, 2019
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP EliteBook 840 G5 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 846 G5 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 850 G5 Notebook PC
HP ZBook 14u G5 Mobile Workstation
HP ZBook 15u G5 Mobile Workstation
HP EliteBook 840 G5 Healthcare Edition Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 846 G5 Healthcare Edition Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 830 G5 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 836 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)
- Adds an option in the F10 setup to download and install BIOS updates
automatically without prompts.
- Adds the Native OS Firmware Update Service feature to the F10 setup interface
to enable and disable firmware updates using the Window Update service.
- Updates the Cypress PD firmware to v7.9.
- Provides separate controls for Intel Management Engine (ME) and Intel Active
- Updates the Intel silicon reference code to v188.8.131.52.
- Fixes an issue where the system cannot exit MEBx (F6) by pressing the Y or N
key when the language is set to Russian/Deutsch in F10.
- Fixes an issue where the BIOS administrator account cannot be hidden on the
Power-On Authentication screen.
- Fixes an issue which causes the system to power on slower than expected when
an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070/2080 Graphics card is installed on the system.
- Fixes an issue where the display of the TPM Firmware Update interface is cut
off during the update process.
- Fixes an issue that occurs when a system has the BIOS password enabled in the
F10 setup and Power-on Authentication is enabled in HPCSM. After the BIOS
Administrator at Power-on-Authentication option is subsequently deselected in
the F10 setup interface, the system displays the message, Authentication Failed.
- Fixes an issue where the SystemDiags.log file cannot be created in the FTP
server after Remote HP PC Hardware Diagnostics are executed.
- Fixes an issue that occurs when the update schedule is set to
daily/weekly/monthly where a BIOS update via the F10 setup interface fails and
the system displays the message, Internal error.
- Fixes an issue where a bootable USB storage device on an external dock
connected to the system is not detected in the F9 boot menu.
- Fixes an issue on a system connected to an HP Elite USB-C Dock where the
system does not wake when the power button on the dock is pressed when the lid
on the system is closed.
- Fixes an issue where the system does not run a Type-C PD firmware update
properly when the system is connected to an HP Thunderbolt Dock.
- Fixes an intermittent issue which causes the touch to stop functioning
properly when Fast Startup is disabled and the system resumes from a shutdown
- Fixes an issue where SecureView fails to boot after installation.
- Fixes an issue where certain devices add support for the HP USB-C Dock G5.
- Fixes an issue on a system connected to an HP E223d/E243d Docking Monitor with
a USB Type-C cable where the system battery does not charge and the monitor does
not display properly.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Copyright (c) 2019 HP Development Company, L.P.