TITLE: HP Notebook System BIOS Update
VERSION: 01.18 REV: A PASS: 1
This package creates files that contain an image of the System BIOS (ROM) for
the supported notebook models with a N75 family ROM. This package is used to
flash the System ROM on a supported notebook.
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP82282.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: 94aca865dc843ee0c4b0acc0eed840f0
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 20, 2017
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP EliteBook 840 G3 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 848 G3 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 850 G3 Notebook PC
HP ZBook 15u G3 Mobile Workstation
HP EliteBook 820 G3 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 828 G3 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 8.1 32 Bit
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64 Bit
- Adds the feature where the power-on password is bypassed only on the initial
- Adds the Boot to normal boot order option to the Wake-on-LAN option in the F10
BIOS setup menu.
- Adds the TPM 1.2 to 2.0 Upgrade PPI to the TPM Activation Policy.
- Adds a feature in the F10 BIOS setup menu in Intel systems to enable or
disable individual hard drives separately.
- Adds a feature in the F10 setup menu and the BIOS Configuration Utility (BCU)
to enable battery shipmode.
- Updates the Intel microcontroller (MCU) of Skylake-based U/Y systems to
- Adds the option to enable or disable Active Management (AMT) using the F10
BIOS setup menu and the BIOS Configuration Utility (BCU).
- Provides support for Intel Pleasant Star SSD.
- Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends
transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all
NOTE: Due to the security changes in this release, attempts to install older
BIOS versions require the user to be physically present to accept the older
- Fixes an issue where the Ctrl+Alt+Delete key combination can be used
unintentionally to bypass the DriveLock Password.
- Fixes an issue where BitLocker cannot be enabled while FastBoot is enabled.
- Fixes an issue where a Sandisk SDSSDHII-480G-G25 drive in the system is not
recognized when the system is run in legacy mode.
- Fixes an issue where the SMC blob file for a FAT32 hard drive on the system
does not function properly when the USB Storage Boot feature is disabled.
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the USB Type C firmware update fails to run
- Fixes an issue where the x2APIC is unexpectedly disabled.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Copyright (c) 2017 HP Development Company, L.P.