TITLE: HP BIOS and System Firmware (S72)
VERSION: 01.05.04 REV: A PASS: 1
This package creates files that contain an image of the System BIOS (ROM) for
the supported notebook models with an S72 family ROM. This package is used to
flash the System ROM on a supported notebook.
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: sp103955.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: a2779de74822d2b59c4be58d79d223cb
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 11, 2020
CATEGORY: BIOS - System Firmware
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP ZHAN 66 Pro 14 G3 Notebook PC
HP ZHAN 66 Pro 15 G3 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)
- Addresses security vulnerabilities CVE-2020-0528, CVE-2020-0529.
- Addresses security vulnerabilities CVE-2020-0534, CVE-2020-0541,
- Adds the standard Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) format to the
F1/F10/public WMI interface.
- Adds DriveLock password feature support for the OPAL SED NVMe SSD.
NOTE: Due to the security changes to the Intel Management Engine (ME) Firmware,
this release is not compatible with older BIOS versions. Attempts to install
older BIOS versions will be blocked.
- Provides the following firmware:
Intel Management Engine, version 220.127.116.115.
Embedded Controller (EC), version 02.2A.00
Intel vBIOS, version 9.2.1026
Intel GOP, version 9.0.1105
NVIDIA N16S-GTR vBIOS, version 82.08.79.00.04
NVIDIA N17S-G2 vBIOS, version 86.08.3B.00.0A
USB Type-C Power Delivery (PD) Firmware, version 1.8.0
Intel/Realtek PXE ROM, version 2.66
Intel/Realtek UEFI PXE ROM, version 2.046
- Fixes an issue where the system unexpectedly displays the message, PC isn't
charging, after the system resumes from sleep (S4) mode and is then hot plugged
into an E27d/E24d G4 Docking Monitor using a USB Type-C cable.
- Fixes an issue where the pop-up warning message is not displayed when a USB-C
over-current protection (OVP) event occurs when the system resumes from a
hibernation (S4) state or is powered on.
- Fixes an issue where the system does not enter battery swelling protection
- Fixes an issue where a keyboard or mouse connected to the system do not
function properly when the lid is closed.
- Fixes an issue that occurs on a system that has been restarted several times
with Automatic Drivelock enabled where the system unexpectedly displays the
message, Enter current DriveLock Password.
- Fixes an issue where the Automatic DriveLock option is enabled and grayed out
after the BIOS Administrator Password is removed.
- Fixes an issue where system firmware is updated from the recovery partition
instead of the EFI partition.
- Fixes an issue that occurs after the Master password is forced to match the
BIOS Administrator password where hard drive continues to prompt for the
- Fixes an issue that occurs on a hard drive that has the Automatic DriveLock
option enabled where Automatic DriveLock cannot be enabled after the hard drive
has been put into another system and the Automatic DriveLock option is disabled
by the other system.
- Fixes an issue on a system with an NVMe SSD where the Automatic DriveLock
option cannot be enabled after a BIOS Administrator password is set in the in
- Fixes an issue where the system does not prompt for Power on Authentication
with BIOS Administrator and POST Power-On Password options when a scheduled
update check fails.
- Fixes an intermittent issue which causes the system to shutdown unexpectedly
when the battery is in the shipping mode state and the power button is pressed
too soon (within 5 seconds) after the system is connected to an AC adapter.
- Fixes an issue that occurs on a system connected to an HP USB-C Travel Hub G2
where the battery icon displays an error symbol (yellow bang) after the system
is idle overnight while running on DC (battery) power.
- Fixes an issue where a HP USB-C Notebook Power Bank does not charge properly
when the system is connected to AC power from either a barrel or a USB-C
- Fixes an issue on a system connected to a Thunderbolt 3 dock where the dock
power button does not function after the power button is pressed to wake the
system from sleep (S3), hibernation (S4), or to power on the system.
- Fixes an issue which causes an error to occur and the system displays a black
screen when the system is connected to an HP USB-C Dock G5 or HP USB-C/A Dock G2
dock while the system is in a hibernate (S4) state.
- Fixes an issue where system remains on the 100% Management Engine update
screen during the firmware update process.
- Fixes an issue where some wording is cut off or corrupted when the language is
changed to a non-English language and the Physical Presence Interface is
- Fixes an issue where system firmware update fails to be triggered after
Automatic DriveLock is enabled in F10 setup interface.
- Fixes an issue where incorrect characters are output in the F10 setup
interface after the touch screen keyboard is changed to another language.
- Fixes an issue where system stops functioning (hangs) at the Network BIOS
Update screen when the BIOS is updated using the F10 setup interface in legacy
mode after the Network Connection check test is run.
- Fixes an issue on a system connected to a 65W USB-C Slim Travel Power Adapter
where the system displays a message that the system needs to be connected to a
higher-capacity power adapter.
- Fixes an issue on a system running on battery power and connected to an HP
Elite USB-C Multi Port Hub where the hub is not detected and the status light on
the hub is blinking after the system resumes from a sleep (S3) state.
- Fixes an issue where the Webcam is not recognized after the BIOS is updated.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Copyright (c) 2020 HP Development Company, L.P.